Mojito JelliesPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 32 wedges
When hollowing out lime shells if possible turn the lime halves inside out and scrape out the centres. Use a small knife and small spoon to scrape them mostly clean. Be sure to leave the limes cut in half until after the jelly has set, then you can slice them into wedges.
Recipe created for us by Iron Chef Shellie
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 200ml boiling water
- 50ml Barker's Squeezed Lemons with Lime, Cucumber & Mint
- 3 stems fresh mint (with leaves)
- 90ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 limes
- a generous splash of white rum, optional
- gold leaf, optional
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for 5 minutes.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine boiling water, Squeezed Lemons with Lime, Cucumber & Mint and bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin.
- Add 2 mint stems (with leaves) and allow that to steep for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the mint stems and stir in lime juice and rum (if using).
- Hollow out lime shells (see tips). Place each lime half into a hole of a 12 hole muffin tray, cut side up. Fill each lime shell with the jelly mixture and sprinkle in some chopped fresh mint (from the remaining leaves on that 3rd stem) and flakes of gold leaf if using.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to set for at least 3 hours.
- Once set, cut into half and serve.