Rarebit with Beetroot RelishPRINT RECIPE
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp plain flour
- cracked pepper
- 70ml apple cider or white wine
- 4 slices sourdough
- 1 cup Barker's NZ Beetroot Relish
- 8 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 cup caperberries, to serve
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place cheese, butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, flour and pepper into a saucepan. Mix well then add the cider or wine and mix well again.
- Over a gentle heat, stir until all is melted and simmer to a thick-ish paste.
- Leave to cool a little, and meanwhile toast the bread on one side only.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the untoasted side and brown under a hot grill.
- Remove from grill, top with beetroot relish and thyme leaves.
- Serve immediately with caperberries.