Apple Pie Whiskey CocktailPRINT RECIPE
Recipe by @amie.milton
Prep time 5mins • Total time 5mins • Serves 2
- 60 ml whiskey
- 30 ml Cointreu
- ⅓ cup Barker’s Chunky NZ Apple Sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cinnamon simple syrup (brown sugar, water, cinnamon) directions below
- Ice for shaking
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- For the simple syrup, mix together ½ cup of boiling water, 1 tbsp brown sugar (or caster sugar) and 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon. Combine well and set aside until you're ready to use.
For the cocktail
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with a generous amount of ice. Shake well for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Use a sieve to strain the cocktail and pour into two glasses. Serve with a slice of apple and touch of lemon rind for that special touch.