Apple Strawberry Sponge PuddingPRINT RECIPE
Recipe created for us by Fresh Factory
- 125g butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup standard flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups apple chunks
- 250g Barker’s Strawberry & Apple fruit compote
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- Icing sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl until light and creamy.
- Add an egg, beating it well into the mix before adding the second egg.
- Into the same bowl, sieve flour and baking powder and fold into the mix.
- Add milk and stir through to form a smooth batter.
- Mix together apple chunks and fruit compote and spoon into an oven dish. On top, spoon over batter mix; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar then serve warm with thickened cream or ice-cream.