Baked Pear and Hazelnut CrepesPRINT RECIPE
It starts with a classic crepe recipe that can easily be made gluten and dairy free, filled with yoghurt, baked cinnamon pears and drizzled with Barker’s Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce. An unforgettable food experience!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Recipe by @amie.milton
- 4 small pears, not too ripe
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 small lemon rind and juice
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 210 grams plain flour substitute oat flour or chickpea flour for GF
- 3 eggs
- 450 ml milk or almond milk for DF
- 2 tsp vanilla paste/essence
- Pinch of salt
- 400 grams Greek yoghurt (coconut yoghurt if dairy free)
- 4 tbs chopped roasted pistachios or hazelnuts, use pepita seeds if nut free
- 1 bottle Barker's Hazelnut Chocolate Dessert Sauce
For the baked pears
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the pears in half and place in an oven proof casserole dish.
- Mix the maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon rind, cinnamon and vanilla together in a small bowl. Pour the mixture on top of the pears being sure to cover them all completely.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until tender. The baking time will vary depending on the size of your pears.
- Optional: Half way through baking, you can take the pears out and flip them over to coat the opposite side in the syrup.
- In a blender, place all of the crepe ingredients and blend on high until combined. Set aside for 15-30 minutes until the mixture is slightly bubbly on top.
- While the pears are baking you can make the crepes.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat. Spray with cooking oil and let the saucepan heat up well. To get a nice pattern on the crepes I find it best when the pan is nice and hot.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the pan and swirl around quickly to evenly coat the base of the pan. Let the crepe cook for 2 minutes on this side, flip and cook on the other side for 1 minute.
- This recipes makes approximately 8 large crepes.
- This recipe makes 1 small baked pear and 2 crepes per person.
- Take one crepe and spread 50 grams of the yoghurt in the middle. Layer half a baked pear cut in slices on top of the yoghurt and roll the crepe up. Repeat with the second crepe.
- Drizzle your desired amount of 1 bottle Barker's Hazelnut Chocolate Dessert Sauce on top of each crepe and sprinkle with chopped nuts.