Passionfruit, Chia & Orange LoafPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Serves: 6-8
Recipe by @wholesomepatisserie
Notes : Store in an airtight container, refrigerated or in the pantry, for 3-4 days.
- 2 cups (300g) plain all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (7g) baking powder
- 1 Tbsp (5g) fresh orange zest
- 2 Tbsp (25g) chia seeds
- 2 large eggs (65g each in shell), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (80g) salted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp (33g) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (100g) raw granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (160g) Barkers New Zealand Passionfruit Curd
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºC). Line a 9” x 5“ loaf baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, orange zest and chia seeds. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, cooled melted butter, orange juice, sugar and vanilla. Whisk until well combined and most of the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture. Gently mix together until combined and no pockets of flour remain. Ensuring not to over-mix.
- Pour half the batter into lined loaf pan.
- Spoon and dollop 1/4 cup of the passionfruit curd evenly around the batter, not too close to the edges otherwise it will spill out.
- Pour over remaining batter, gently spreading the batter out to the edges to cover the curd. Spoon and dollop the remaining passionfruit curd on top of the batter. Take a butterknife and lightly swirl it through the batter.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. The top will turn lightly golden.
- Remove and allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of the passionfruit curd.