BBQ Jerk JackfruitPRINT RECIPE
Recipe and Image by Lauren Marino (@lm_nutrition)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 can of Jackfruit, drained
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup Barker's New Zealand Nine Spice BBQ Jerk Sauce
- Extras: Salad ingredients, wrap, cheese, burger bun
- Saute the onion in olive oil on a medium heat until soft, add the mushrooms and saute until the onion is browning
- Add the jackfruit and BBQ sauce and cover on a low to medium heat. Keep covered, stirring every couple of minutes, for 15-20 minutes. The jackfruit should be soft and easy to pull apart.
- Remove the lid and saute on a high heat for 2-3 minutes while pulling apart the jackfruit with 2 forks. This caramelises the sauce and creates a deeper flavour.
- Remove from the heat. Serve in a salad bowl like I have done, or this is delicious in a burger, wrap or just by itself!