Berry Swirl Banana BreadPRINT RECIPE
- cooking spray oil
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1½ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped roughly
- 1 pouch Barker’s Mixed Berry Compote
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a loaf tin with spray oil.
- In a large bowl, add the mashed banana, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Stir through the brown sugar, extra virgin olive oil, shredded coconut, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda. Fold through the walnuts then pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- Dollop half a pouch of Mixed Berry Compote on top of the batter and swirl slightly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool and serve with extra berry compote and butter.