Blackcurrant Breakfast CrumblePRINT RECIPE
Recipe created for us by Iron Chef Shellie
- 300g Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Barker’s Squeezed Blackcurrant fruit cordial
- 200g dried figs, quartered
- 150g dried apricots
- 100g sultanas
- 100g pitted dates, roughly chopped (approx 5 dates)
- 100ml Barker’s Squeezed Blackcurrant fruit cordial
- 400ml water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
- Place dried fruit, Squeezed Blackcurrant fruit cordial, water and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until plump.
- Transfer to a greased 20cm oven proof dish. Meanwhile, make the crumble topping. Put the flour, oats, sugar, butter and cinnamon in a bowl, rub together with your fingers into a crumble texture. Add in the nuts and mix thoroughly.
- Place crumble over the top of the fruit mix and baked in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until brown.
- Carefully remove the breakfast crumble from the oven, and set aside to cool slightly whilst you make the blackcurrant yoghurt.
- Mix 1 tablespoon Squeezed Blackcurrant fruit cordial to 300g yoghurt until fully incorporated.
- Evenly dish out the blackcurrant breakfast crumble into 4 bowls, and serve with blackcurrant yoghurt.