Blackcurrant & Elderflower Iceball CocktailPRINT RECIPE
To make Ice Spheres:
- Prepare two glasses that the balloon can be suspended in whilst in the freezer.
- Prepare two sturdy skewers or chopsticks that you will tie the balloons to, and that will sit over the glass in the freezer. Take one balloon, open the neck and slide it over the faucet. Slowly turn on the tap and fill the balloon up with enough water to make a small sphere that will fit into a martini glass. Tie the balloon to the chopstick, suspend it over the glass, and repeat. Place the glasses with balloons in the freezer overnight.
- 4 balloons
- 120ml gin
- 120ml Elderflower liqueur
- 120ml Barker’s Squeezed Blackcurrants fruit cordial
- tonic water
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 4 mint leaves
- 12 blueberries
- Take the frozen balloons out of the freezer. Run under a table for a few seconds, then cut and peel away the balloon. Discard the balloon and place the ice-sphere into each wine glass.
- Combine gin, elderflower liqueur and Squeezed Blackcurrants in a cocktail shaker and shake to combine. Divide the mixture between each glass and top up with tonic water. Use a long spoon to stir the drink to combine.
- On the skewers, place the lime, mint leaves, and blueberries and insert into cocktail.
- Serve immediately.