Boysenberry Jam CakePRINT RECIPE
Serve as a dessert cake with fresh or cooked boysenberries.
- 200g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups standard flour ( 375g)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Barker's Boysenberry Jam (or your favourite Barker's jam)
- ½ cup Barker's Boysenberry Jam
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Preheat oven to 145ºC.
- Spray a deep, fluted cake ring with non-stick baking spray.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and scrape down the bowl after beating each egg.
- Add vanilla and beat until well combined.
- In a second bowl sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add one third of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with half the sour cream, beating after each addition.
- Fold in Boysenberry Jam.
- Pour into cake ring and bake at 145ºC for 15 minutes then increase to 180ºC and bake for 40-50 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the cake ring on a cake rack for 10 minutes before turning out.
For the Topping:
- In a small saucepan heat Boysenberry Jam, water and cornflour and simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Place the cake on a large flat plate and drizzle the topping over.