Boysenberry ScrollsPRINT RECIPE
A tasty homemade scroll featuring your favourite jam!
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp extra sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup Barker's Boysenberry Jam
- In a bowl combine the milk, 1 tablespoon sugar and the yeast. Set aside for 5 mins or until frothy.
- Combine the flour, 1 tablespoon extra sugar and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour the yeast mixture and the egg into the well then add the melted butter. Stir until just combined. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 mins or until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and put in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper. Roll out the dough to a rectangle 20cm x 30cm. Spread Boysenberry Jam evenly over the dough.
- Roll up tightly from the longer side. Cut the roll into 9 even slices and place them into the prepared tin. Cover and leave to rise until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Once the dough has risen, bake the scrolls for 25 – 30 mins, or until golden brown. Serve warm.