Choc Swirl Ice Cream with Malted Crumbs & Rich Chocolate SaucePRINT RECIPE
Recipe and Imagery by Sophie Hansen (@locallovely)
The golden, crunchy malt crumbs provide texture
while the thick, delicious chocolate sauce makes even the
most basic store-bought ice cream taste special.
The combination of sauce and crumbs would also be
delicious over poached pears, or in a homemade thick shake.
Prep time 10 mins (plus chilling time)
Cook time 20 mins
- 1 litre of good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 bottle of Barker's Rich Chocolate Sauce
- 100 g (5oz) chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (120g) malt powder
- 1/2 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- To make the malt crumbs, preheat the oven to 200C.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl to form a crumble mixture.
- Spread over a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely on the tray, then bash into crumbs with a food processor or the bottom of a glass and store in an airtight container.
- Let the ice cream soften a little on the bench then gently stir through Barker’s Rich Chocolate Sauce and half of the crumbs.
- Return to the freezer for an hour or so to firm up then divide between small bowls, drizzle with extra sauce and crumbs and serve.