Chocolate Mug CakesPRINT RECIPE
Recipe and Imagery by Sophie Hansen (@locallovely)
Super easy, super fun and super delicious; this dessert hits
the spot in our house. We love adding in a little fresh
peppermint flavour, but you could swap this with some
raspberries or grated orange zest for that ‘jaffa’ flavour.
Top with grated chocolate or even make ‘mug cup sundaes’
with crushed honeycomb and nuts.
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 1.5 mins
- 1/3 cup (35g) self-raising fl our
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp, butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- A few drops of peppermint oil (optional!)
- 1 bottle of Barker’s Rich Chocolate Sauce
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk, before dividing between two big mugs.
- Then in the same small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, vanilla and peppermint (if using).
- Divide mixture between two mugs and stir to combine.
- Place mugs in the middle of your microwave and cook on high for 1.5 minutes or until risen and firm to the touch.
- Top with a dollop of cream and drizzle Barker’s Rich Chocolate Sauce.
- Serve straight away and enjoy!