Easy Lemon ChickenPRINT RECIPE
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Add 1 carrot (cut as per the zucchini) or any other colourful vegetable that stir-fries quickly to add colour and flavour.
- 3 Tbsp Barker's Lemon Curd
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tsp peanut or other cooking oil
- 300g chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 2 sprigs spring onions, chopped plus extra to garnish
- 1 small zucchini, cut length-ways then sliced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- steamed rice (or noodles of your choice) to serve
- 1 tsp Barker's Sweet Chilli Relish, to serve
- Whisk together Lemon Curd, water, powdered ginger and pepper in a bowl.
- Using a high heat, heat oil in a wok for approx 1 min. Add sliced chicken and stir fry for 3 mins, or until the chicken is cooked on both sides and is starting to brown gently.
- Add chopped spring onion, sliced zucchini and lemon curd mixture. Stir-fry for another min or two until the sauce thickens and the chicken has cooked through.
- Serve on a bed of steamed rice or with your favourite noodles. Top with a teaspoon of Sweet Chilli Relish on each bowl.