Frangipane & Raspberry TartPRINT RECIPE
*recipe created for us by Iron Chef Shellie
- 225g plain flour
- 150g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 Tbsp pure icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp chilled water
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 50g plain flour
- 75g ground almonds
- a couple of drops of almond extract
- 8-10 tsp Barker's Raspberry Jam
- Make the pastry, add flour, butter and icing sugar in a food processor, and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and water. Process until the dough just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to rest.
- Turn the pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out to a 3mm-thick rectangle. Line a round or rectangle fluted tart tin with removable base, with the pastry. Trim any excess. Prick the base with a fork. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper. Fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove paper and pastry weights or rice. Cook for a further 7 minutes or until golden. Turn oven down to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- For the frangipane filling, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the flour, ground almonds and the almond extract.
- Spread frangipane filling over the base of the pastry case and add teaspoons of Raspberry Jam over.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until filling is golden.