Brookie Cookies & Cream Ice Cream SandwichPRINT RECIPE
Makes 10-12 sandwiches
Prep time: 30 mins
Duration: 1 hr
Recipe and imagery by @_JessLemon_
MasterChef AU alumni Jess Lemon has created 3 mouth-watering desserts to celebrate the Barker’s x Bulla collaboration!
This recipe is a sure crowd pleaser with creamy Bulla Creamy Classics Cookies and Cream Ice Cream and Barker’s Butterscotch Caramel Sauce sandwiched between 2 delicious cookies. We can’t think of a better combo!
- 350g 70% dark chocolate
- 45g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 80g corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 100g milk chocolate chips, for garnish
- 55g egg whites
- 5g sea salt flakes
- 85g caster sugar
- 200g cocoa powder
- 140g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180ºc. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the butter and chocolate into a medium size microwave safe bowl, melt the mixture until completely melted in 30 second bursts. Set aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile beat together the sugar and eggs in a stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, beat on high until tripled in volume, reduce the speed to low and gradually add in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add in the corn starch, salt and vanilla paste.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips, Pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, chill the mixture in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cut the slab into strips to make it easier to roll the dough into golf ball size doughs. Continue until you are left with 15-20 balls.
- Arrange the balls onto the prepared baking trays and flattened slightly. Place a few milk chocolate chips on top and bake for 12-15minutes or until the cookies have a cracked top exterior.
- Allow to cool down completely.
- Combine the cocoa powder, sugar, salt and egg whites in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in the melted butter and mix until a dough forms.
- Flatten the dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15-20 minutes, every 5 minutes break apart the dough using a fork to resemble soil.
- Remove from the oven and cool down completely.
- Scoop a generous scoop of Bulla Creamy Classics Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, Using the back of the ice cream scoop make an indentation at the centre of the ice cream.
- Spoon a generous drop of Barker’s NZ Butterscotch sauce, then Squeeze the two brookies gently to secure the ice cream.
- Cover the sides of the ice cream with the cocoa soil and serve immediately.