Jam & Almond ThumbprintsPRINT RECIPE
Delicious bite-sizes baking that uses up the last of the jam jar! It’s easy to do and you’ll have a new family favourite in the baking tin.
- 230g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups cooking nuts, (process more in food processor)
- non stick cooking spray
- approx 1/2 cup Barker's Raspberry Jam (or your favourite Barker's jam)
- icing sugar (optional)
- In an electric mixer bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg yolks, lemon peel, vanilla extract and salt and beat well.
- Mix in flour and 1/4 cup nuts until blended.
- Mould into a ball, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 190ºC.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with non-stick spray. Shape dough into 3cm balls and roll into remaining cup of nuts to coat lightly. Place on baking sheet.
- Using your thumb or a wooden spoon handle, make a depression in each cookie. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon Raspberry Jam. Bake 20-25 mins until golden.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
- Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.