Lavender & Lemon ShortbreadPRINT RECIPE
Not all flowers are edible. Read up on edible flowers: how to prepare them, how to grow them and more recipe ideas.
- 100g softened butter
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp dried culinary lavender plus 1 tsp extra
- 180g cream cheese, at room temperature, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup Barker's Lemon Curd
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Put butter, sugar, ½ cup flour, corn flour and lemon zest in a food processor and whiz until it starts to clump together.
- Add lavender and pulse very briefly to combine.
- Tip dough onto a clean bench dusted with remaining flour.
- Bring dough together by kneading gently, then pat into a round disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll dough out between two pieces of baking paper, to 5mm thick.
- Cut out 8 x 7.5cm diameter circles using a cookie cutter.
- Place on prepared tray and bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden, leave to cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese with icing sugar until smooth then add Lemon Curd and mix together then chill 30 minutes
- To serve, place a heaped tablespoon of filling on one shortbread and sandwich together another