Leftover turkey nachos with chipotle saucePRINT RECIPE
Recipe and image by Sophie Hansen (@locallovely)
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Sophie’s family absolutely loves this dish – it’s a fun, relaxed dinner to serve on a hot summers’ evening when you’re too exhausted from the Christmas festivities to do any complicated cooking!
This is equally as good with leftover roast chicken or even a store-bought barbecue chook.
- About 2 cups leftover roast turkey or chicken (shredded)
- 1 cup Barkers of New Zealand Chipotle Sauce
- 250g mozzarella, broken into pieces
- 3 cobs of corn
- 2 tbsp butter
- Juice of one lime
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Corn chips, to serve
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole (see below)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place the turkey in a small bowl, add the chipotle sauce and mix well. Transfer this mixture to an oven-proof serving platter. Dot with the mozzarella, drizzle with a little olive oil and pop in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Meanwhile cut the corn kernels away from the cob and cook in a saucepan of salted, boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain, toss with the lime juice and butter then add in the tomatoes.
- Arrange the chips around the sides of the platter of warm turkey mixture.
- Spoon on a few dollops of the sour cream and the guacamole and serve with the corn salsa on the side.