Lemon Cream EclairsPRINT RECIPE
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- These eclairs are best eaten fresh but will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan-forced).
- Place butter and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat until the butter has melted. Add flour, remove saucepan from heat and stir the flour into the liquid vigorously until it forms a pastry ball.
- Transfer the pastry ball into a bowl and add egg. Using a whisk or an electric mixer on low, beat the egg into the pastry until it is fully incorporated and the pastry has become elastic and glossy.
- Transfer the pastry into a piping bag and pipe 4 (8cm) logs onto a baking paper-lined tray, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake pastries for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced) and bake for another 8 minutes. Once ready, leave the pastries in the oven with the door ajar for another 2 minutes. Remove the pastry logs from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting and filling.
To make the cream filling, fill and glaze the eclairs:
Using a whisk, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add the Lemon Curd and continue whipping until the cream forms stiff peaks. Cut eclairs in half length-ways. Spoon a quarter of the cream into the bottom part of the éclair. Cover with the other half then glaze the top with extra curd.