Lemon Curd SconesPRINT RECIPE
- 100ml thickened cream
- 6 Tbsp Barker's Lemon Curd plus extra to serve
- 5 cups self raising flour
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- 375ml lemonade
- whipped cream, to serve
- 125g icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- eucalyptus oil
- 85g white chocolate, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan bake).
- Whisk together thickened cream and Lemon Curd.
- In a large bowl combine flour, lemon zest and salt. Mix well. Create a well in the centre, pour lemonade and cream/curd mixture. Use a bread knife to mix the flour and liquids. As soon as the dough comes together, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead very lightly.
- Flatten dough to form a disc about 30cm in diameter. Use a 5cm cookie cutter (or glass) to cut rounds from disc. Dust lightly with flour.
- Arrange rounds on a baking tray and bake for 12 mins or until light golden in colour. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make glaze, combine icing sugar and milk in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil (be very careful as adding too much will be overpowering). Gradually add melted chocolate, whisking constantly.
- Once scones are completely cool, place rack over a baking tray and pour glaze over the top of each scone. Allow to sit for 20 mins for glaze to set before serving with lemon curd and whipped cream.