Lemon, Zucchini and Poppy Seed MuffinsPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 20mins
- 300 grams grated zucchini, roughly 1 large or 2 small zucchinis
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Barker's Smooth Lemon Butter
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a cupcake try with 9 patty cases. This recipe makes 9 large muffins or 12 small.
- In a stand mixer combine the oil, sugar, Barker's Smooth Lemon Butter, lemon zest and egg. Beat on high for 1-2 minutes until lighter in colour and well combined.
- Sift in the flour and mix to combine. Add the poppy seeds and mix to combine.
- Squeeze some of the juice out of the grated zucchini and mix into the batter. TIP: Make sure you weigh the zucchini before you squeeze the juice out.
- Divide the batter across the 9 patty cases and bake for approx 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.