Lentil PancakesPRINT RECIPE
Recipe by Rosie Mansfield for Good Chef Bad Chef
- ½ cup red split lentils
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup oats
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sliced banana
- Barker's New Zealand Mixed Berry compote
- Maple syrup
METHOD1. Place the lentils in a bowl with ¾ cup of hot water and let soak overnight.
2. Add lentils and water to a blender. Add the oats, flax seeds, vinegar, cinnamon and salt to blender and blitz for about 2 minutes or until all combined. Add a little extra water if the batter is too thick.
3. In a non-stick frying pan over medium-high melt the coconut oil pour in about ⅓ of a cup of batter. Cook for about 2 minutes until it starts to bubble and go golden, then flip and cook the other side for a further 2 minutes.
4. Serve with toppings of choice.