Lentil & Walnut BurgersPRINT RECIPE
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 250g cottage cheese
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, and grated
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil, to fry
- Barker's New Zealand Sweet Chilli Relish, to serve
- gluten-free hamburger rolls and salads of your choice, to serve
- To make the patties, place half the lentils in a food processor. Add 1 egg and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining lentils, cottage cheese, spring onion, carrot, chilli and 1 1/2 cups of the breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine then form into 8 patties and transfer to a plate.
- Place flour into a shallow bowl. Whisk remaining egg in a separate shallow bowl with 1 tbsp cold water. Combine remaining breadcrumbs and walnuts in a separate bowl.
- Lightly coat each patty in flour, egg wash and finish with walnut breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. In two batches, add 4 patties and cook for 5 mins each side until golden and heated through.
- Serve each patty on hamburger bun with salads and a generous spoonful of Sweet Chilli Relish.