Love Potion CocktailPRINT RECIPE
Recipe created for us by Iron Chef Shellie
- 2 x balloons
- 50g fresh blackberries (or thawed from frozen)
- 100ml Barker’s Squeezed Blackcurrant fruit cordial
- 1 lime
- Champagne or Prosecco
- Prepare two glasses that water-filled balloons can be suspended in whilst in freezer.
- Have at hand two sturdy skewers or chopsticks to tie balloons to and to suspend over each glass.
- Take one balloon, open the neck and slide it over the kitchen tap. Slowly turn on the water flow and fill the balloon with enough water to make a small sphere (to fit into a martini glass or glass you’ve chosen).
- Tie the balloon to the chopstick, suspend it over the glass, and repeat.
- Place glasses with balloons in freezer overnight.
- Pulse fresh blackberries and Squeezed Blackcurrant fruit cordial a few times, so there is still texture. Place one tablespoon of blackcurrant mixture in the base of each martini glass.
- Take frozen balloons out of freezer. Run under a tap for a few seconds, then cut and peel away balloon. Discard balloon and place ice-sphere in the martini glass on top of blackcurrant mixture.
- Top up glass with your choice of Champagne or Prosecco. Squeeze half a lime over each.
- To mix, simply turn ice-sphere around in glass so blackcurrant mixture mixes with Champagne or Prosecco.