Mexican Stuffed Chilli CapsicumsPRINT RECIPE
- Cook’s tip: with the remaining relish in the jar you could put a little spoonful on the cooked mix and then top with cheese.
- Also you could use crumbled feta cheese (left-over) on top as well as the grated cheese for an extra degree of flavour.
- For a vegetarian option, replace beef mince with black beans and mushroom, delicious!
The great advantage of this recipe is that Sweet Chilli Relish makes it so easy to use up left-over rice, an affordable amount of mince and great seasonal vegetables like capsicums and makes it a super dinner!
- 3-4 capsicum, halved and deseeded
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion, chopped
- 300g beef mince
- 390g tin four bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 130g (1/2 jar) Barker's Sweet Chilli Relish
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place capsicums (deseeded and halved lengthways) on tray and cook for 15 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook stirring for 2 minutes until onion begins to soften, then add beef mince and let that cook for another 2-3 minutes. Use a fork to break up the mince and cook until mince is browned and fragrant.
- Add bean mix, Sweet Chilli Relish, water and rice, stir to combine, and allow to simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Fill capsicums with mince mixture, dependent on the size of your capsicums. Scatter with cheese and bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden.
- Place onto a large serving board, scatter with chopped shallots and serve with additional Sweet Chilli Relish.