Mini Cheese MuffinsPRINT RECIPE
- With your food processor you can easily chop the onions, grate the cheese and even process the parsley and great news, only one wash up!
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup tasty grated cheese
- 3 rashers bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 75g melted butter
- wedges of brie
- Barker's Sweet Chilli Relish
- Preheat oven to 190°C on fan bake.
- Sift flour, baking powder, pepper and salt. Add cheese, bacon, parsley and onion.
- Beat egg and milk together and add cooled butter.
- Gently mix the dry and wet ingredients – do not over mix as the muffins will be tough.
- Divide mixture into well greased mini muffins tins – bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- When ready to serve, split them through (¾) and put a small slice of brie inside and then re heat in a fan bake oven – 180°C until the cheese melts. Top with a teaspoon of Sweet Chilli Relish and a sprig of parsley, then serve!