Mixed Berry Almond TartPRINT RECIPE
Recipe & Photo by Julie @rediscover.co.nz
- 2 sheets sweet crust pastry
- 100g soft butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ground LSA (or almond flour)
- 1 1/2 cup Barker's Mixed Berry fruit compote
- Preheat oven to 170C fan bake.
- Oil spray or lightly grease the bottom of a tart tin, lay out one short sweet pastry sheet on the base then bake for approx. 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Rub together the butter, salt, sugar and flour. Add extracts and mix.
- Beat in eggs, then add ground LSA (or ground almonds), stirring just to combine. Spread the filling evening onto the crust.
- Spoon and evenly spread compote on the filling.
- With the remaining sheet of short sweet pastry, cut strips and create a lattice top. Trim edges.
- Bake for approx 30 minutes until lattice pastry is lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool in tart pan before serving.
- Delicious served with natural yogurt mixed with a dollop of compote.