Pan BagnatPRINT RECIPE
Recipe and image by Sophie Hansen (@locallovely)
Prep time 10 mins
This is a wonderful picnic option, so easy and absolutely delicious. Make well in advance and then just pack your beautiful stuffed baguette in a picnic basket, grab a few cold beers and you have a fabulous picnic ready to go.
- 1 lovely crunchy baguette
- 250g tuna in oil
- 200g pesto
- 200g roasted red capsicum
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and sliced
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 200g smooth ricotta
- 1 jar Barkers New Zealand Tomato Relish
- Slice the baguette in half length ways.
- Spread one half with the ricotta and the other half with the tomato relish.
- Scatter the ricotta spread piece with the tuna, then dollop with the pesto, layer with the capsicum, egg and top with the ricotta.
- Place the other baguette half on top and tie together with a few loops of kitchen twine.
- At this point Sophie usually pops it in the fridge for all the flavours to get to know each other and the fillings to ’set’.
- When ready to serve, cut into quarters or thirds, bon appetite!