Panko Chicken TacosPRINT RECIPE
These crunchy bits of chicken nestled in fresh Mexican flavours are to die for.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Photo and recipe by Fresh Factory
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3/4 – 1 cup plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs (or white if needed)
- avocado oil (to fry)
- 3/4 cup of Barker's Nine Spice Barbecue Jerk Sauce
- juice of 2 limes or lemons
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp Barker's Really Useful Chipotle Sauce
- 8 tortillas
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- sour cream, optional
- Slice chicken into strips and set aside.
- In 3 separate bowls, set up seasoned flour, beaten eggs and panko crumbs. Coat each chicken strip by coating each in the flour, dipping in egg then coating in breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- In a small pot, combine the Barbecue Jerk sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, minced garlic and chipotle sauce. Set over a medium heat and stir until the sauce comes to a simmer, then remove from the heat.
- In a frying pan over a medium high heat, fry the chicken strips in a healthy dash of extra virgin avocado oil for 4-5 minutes each side or until the coating is golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken in a bowl, pour over the BBQ sauce and toss to coat.
- Build the tacos by adding the chicken into the sour-cream slathered tortilla along with the lettuce, avocado, red onion and coriander.
- Season and serve with fresh lime.