Passionfruit Crumble BarsPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Serves: 6-8
Recipe by @wholesomepatisserie
Notes: Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 5 days.
- 1 3/4 cups (240g) plain all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- 1 tsp (5g) baking powder
- 200g salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tub (400g) Barkers New Zealand Passionfruit Curd
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºC). Line a 9” x 9“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Before beginning, ensure butter has softened to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, oats and baking powder. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large mixing bowl, add softened butter and sugar.
- Beat butter and sugar together for 1 minute until well combined and soft, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add flour mixture and beat until it begins to come together, it will start to stick like a soft dough but still be crumbly.
- Transfer half the crumble dough into lined pan. Press into pan to form the base. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Spoon over the passionfruit curd and spread out evenly with a spatula or spoon.
- Sprinkle over remaining crumble.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 30-40 minutes or until the crumble topping has turned lightly golden and the curd is bubbling around the edges.
- Remove and allow the slice to completely cool in the pan.
- Once cooled, carefully transfer to a board and slice into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!