Pistachio Apricot SlicePRINT RECIPE
Recipe and Photo but Sara (@buttermilkpantry)
Makes 1 – 8″ x 8″ square slab
INGREDIENTS• 70g white sugar
• 128g unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 60g tbsp honey
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 large egg yolk
• 270g all-purpose ﬂour
• 50g pistachios, shelled and ﬁnely chopped
• 280g Apricot Jam, Barker's New Zealand preferable
• 20g pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 8" square pan with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar, salt and honey together on medium for 2 mins.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and heat for another minute.
- Add ﬂour and chopped pistachios.
- Reserve 135g of dough and place into the fridge until needed.
- Roughly poke the dough with a fork to stop it from baking into a dome in the oven.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven and spread Barker's New Zealand Apricot Jam all over the top.
- Crumble the reserved dough over the top in clusters (pinch them together if they are smaller pieces or tear it apart if the pieces are big). Sprinkle roughly chopped pistachios on top.
- Bake for another 18 mins at 180C until golden brown on top.
- Let cool in tin fully before removing and slicing