Pulled Beef with SlawPRINT RECIPE
- If you don’t have a slow cooker, use a casserole dish and cook in the oven on low for 5-6 hours. As long as the lid seals the dish the meat will remain moist and achieve the same result.
- To ensure that all the meat is cooked for equal periods in the juice, turn the meat over half way through the cooking time.
- 700g beef cheeks
- 1 bottle Barker’s Really Useful Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- pinch of salt and pepper
- a slice of lime, to serve
- a handful of chopped coriander
- sour cream (optional)
- Cook beef cheeks in the slow cooker with water, cumin and the half the bottle of Really Useful Chipotle Sauce for 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare a large serving platter by laying red cabbage and corn then set aside.
- Once cooked, remove the beef slowly from the cooker, draining off the liquid. Shred or ‘pull’ the meat using a fork. In a pan, heat olive oil, add pulled beef and add the remaining Really Useful Chipotle sauce. Heat through and season to taste.
- Add meat as the final layer to the prepared platter. Top with sour cream, a final swirl of sauce, fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve with lime and tortilla or taco shells.