Roasted Kumara & Feta TartPRINT RECIPE
- flour, to dust
- 2 sheets store bought puff pastry
- 1/2 sweet potato, roasted, halved and sliced into 2 cm wide pieces
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup Barker's Traditional Tomato Relish
- handful of baby rocket leaves
- Spray tartlet tins with spray oil and dust with flour. Measure out 6 circles larger than 6 tartlet tins. Line tin with pastry, and trim edges. Refrigerate for 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line pastry with paper, and fill with dried rice or pastry weights. Bake for 15 mins, then remove paper and beans and cook a further 15 mins, until dry and lightly golden. Cool completely.
- Cook sweet potato in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Sprinkle over the feta cheese on the base of the tart. Fan out 3-4 pieces of sweet potato on top of each tart. Lightly whisk eggs and cream together, and pour over the filling. Add 2-3 small dollops of Traditional Tomato Relish on each tart. Season well with salt and pepper. Stand on a tray and bake for 30-35 minutes, until set and golden. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
- Sprinkle rocket leaves on top of each tart and serve with a side salad.