Strawberry Swiss RollPRINT RECIPE
INGREDIENTS• 5 egg yolks
• 50g sugar
• 90g flour
• 1 Teaspoon baking powder
• 50 g Vegetable oil
• 50g Milk
• Meringue (5 eggs whites & 70 g Sugar)
• Dash of salt
• 60g Barker’s NZ Luscious Strawberry Sauce
METHOD1. Prepare baking pan with baking paper.
2. Preheat oven to 170 ° Celsius (338 F).
3. Separate egg yolks from egg whites in two large different bowls.
4. Add salt and sugar to the egg yolk.
5. With an electric hand mixer, mix until light and foamy. Its volume will increase.
6. In the other bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add half the sugar first, beat and then add the second half. Beat until the stiff peaks are formed.
7. Add the egg yolk mixture to the egg whites, stirring gently. Ensure your movement is very light.
8. Sift and fold in cake flour and baking powder to the mixture. Mix until you don’t see anymore flour.
9. In another bowl, add milk and vegetable oil. Add some of the sponge batter and mix well.
10. Combine with the remaining cake batter and mix well.
11. Pour the sponge mixture over the baking pan and smooth the top, ensuring it is all even.
12. Bake for 30 minutes.
13. Remove the sponge from the oven, flip the sponge and remove baking paper immediately.
14. Cut all four edges of the sponge so that it’s a perfect rectangular shape.
15. Spread over the strawberry sauce filling. Roll the sponge carefully.
16. Keep in the refrigerator for an hour.
17. Serve with your preferred tea or coffee. Bon Appetit!