Super Gooey Berry Anzac Sandwich CookiesPRINT RECIPE
No product matching your criteria.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1./3 cup brown sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cups golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 350g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Barker's New Zealand Squeezed Blackcurrant Cordial
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Place 2 cups rolled oats, 1 cup plain flour, 3/4 cup desiccated coconut, 1/3 cup caster and 1/3 cup brown sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place 125g unsalted butter and 1/3 cup golden syrup in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour into the oat mixture and stir to combine. NOW THE FUN STUFF.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough into a ball and press down with your fingertips. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool completely before sandwiching with the blackcurrant filling.
- Place 350g icing sugar and 2 Tbsp Barker's New Zealand Squeezed Blackcurrant Cordial in a bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add 2-4 tsp whole milk, stirring until a thick icing consistency (almost like thick cream). Add little or more milk until the consistency is achieved.