Sweet Chilli PrawnsPRINT RECIPE
- The relish makes this dish so fast and easy – everything is almost done by the time you open the jar!
- If you are cooking for a crowd that are more conservative try the Traditional Tomato Relish, or for a bit more heat – the Sweet Chilli Relish!
- If you love coriander, add a little finely chopped coriander to the dipping sauce.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 1kg of frozen king prawns, peeled and deveined, tails in tact
- 2/3 jar of Barker's Sweet Chilli Relish (or Traditional Tomato Relish)
- salt, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- crusty gluten free bread, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Barker's Sweet Chilli Relish
- squeeze of lemon, optional
- coriander, optional
- Heat butter and oil gently, then add garlic.
- Add the prawns in batches until they are just pink as they continue to cook after they are removed from the heat.
- Return all the prawns to the pan and add relish. Cook stirring for 1-2 minutes and then check seasoning. You may need to add a little salt.
- Place in a serving bowl with parsley and lemon wedges and place the dipping sauce to one side.
- To make the dipping sauce: Mix mayonnaise and relish in a small bowl. Stir well. A squeeze of fresh lemon adds great acidity and fresh flavour to the mix.