Sweet Chilli Thai Beef SaladPRINT RECIPE
- Leftovers are great for a packed work lunch.
- If you don’t like (or can’t eat) beef, you could try using shredded BBQ chicken, steamed or grilled fish, grilled haloumi cheese or even chicken or pork sausages instead.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 200g beef steak (scotch, fillet for New York work best)
- 1 small red capsicum
- 100g green beans
- 5 button mushrooms
- handful of bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup Barker's Sweet Chilli Relish
- 150g salad mix
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 Tbsp peanuts
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large heavy-based pan over medium high heat. Add steak and cook to taste (for a large thick piece, around 4 minutes per side). Remove from pan, slice into thin strips and set aside to rest and cool.
- Add remaining oil to pan, add capsicum strips and beans and cook for 4 minutes, stirring from time to time until slightly charred and wilted.
- Reduce heat, add mushrooms and bean sprouts, and stir fry everything for a minute. Add sliced steak and Sweet Chilli Relish. Cook for another minute to warm through.
- Arrange salad greens, cucumber and onion on a serving plate. Top with warm vegetable/steak/relish mix, sprinkle over peanuts and garnish with chopped coriander and mint leaves. Squeeze lime juice over the top and serve!