Tangy Apricot Chicken DrumsPRINT RECIPE
Makes 12 drumsticks
- Using a resealable plastic bag for marinating ensures the marinade surrounds the drumsticks and makes fitting into the refrigerator easier
- Best cooked in oven over lined baking tray as high sugar glazes burn easily on BBQ
- This sauce is also great to use as a salad dressing or served with roasted vegetables
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/3 cups Barker's Apricot Jam
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Place drumsticks in a resealable plastic bag or container with a lid.
- Blend together Apricot Jam, mustard and vinegar until smooth.
- Retain ½ cup to use as dipping sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over drumsticks and marinate in fridge for two hours.
- Place on a rack above an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in middle of oven turning once, until browned and cooked through (approx 40 minutes).
- Serve with dipping sauce and a crisp green salad.