Tropical Lattice TartPRINT RECIPE
This tart is a quickfire way to impress. Using store bought pastry saves time and stress, and the fruit filling with soft almond frangipane is beyond delicious!
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Recipe and photo by Fresh Factory
- 2-3 sheets or 1 roll of sweet short crust pastry
- 75g butter, softened
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1 1/2 cups Barker's Tropical Fruit Compote
- Preheat the oven to 180°C bake. Line a fluted tart tin with pastry, then blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove baking beans or rice and paper from the tart shell, and bake for a further 5 minutes then set aside.
- In a bowl, beat together butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by almonds and vanilla.
- Spoon frangipane mixture into the tart shell and use a spoon to spread until even. Top with fruit compote, spreading evenly.
- Cut remaining pastry into strips, and lattice over the top of the tart. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tart tests clean on a skewer and the pastry top is golden.
- Leave to cool slightly and serve warm or enjoy cold.