Warm Banana Split with Butterscotch Caramel SaucePRINT RECIPE
No product matching your criteria.
Recipe and Imagery by (@sophiehansen)
The classic banana split gets a makeover here and we think
it’s all the better for it! The beautiful caramelised bananas
create a perfect base for ice cream, toasted macadamias
and grated chocolate. Top with Barker’s Butterscotch Caramel
Sauce to bring it all together at the end!
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 10 mins
- 4 bananas
- 40g butter
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup (120g) macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup (95g) grated milk chocolate
- Good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 bottle of Barker’s Butterscotch Caramel Sauce
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the grill in your oven to high.
- Peel bananas and place in two or three individual or one big baking tray.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and dot with butter.
- Place under the grill for about 5-10 minutes or until they are golden and beginning to caramelise.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with a good dollop or two of ice cream, the nuts, chocolate and lots of Barker’s Butterscotch Caramel Sauce.
- We like to finish this sweet dish off with a little sprinkle of sea salt but that’s to taste of course!